Now you can have the goodness of that wonderful, easy and very delicious Thai Restaurant dessert at home!!
Thai Sticky Rice With Egg Custard
- 1 lb. glutinous rice, rinsed, soaked overnight
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 TB sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 can (12 oz.) coconut milk
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar; firmly packed
- Prepare rice for steaming.
- Place in steamer basket lined with cheesecloth.
- Steam over boiling water for 20-30 minutes.
- Pour mixture of coconut milk, sugar and salt over steaming rice.
- Allow to sit for 20 more minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, coconut milk and sugars; blending well.
- Place in a deep pie pan and place in steamer.
- Steam for 10 minutes.
How To Serve:
- Slice egg custard and serve over steamed rice.
- Serves 8.