Beef chow fun with Chinese broccoli is rich in flavor, fulfilling in volume, low in calories and balanced in nutrition. The tender and juicy beef, silky and gooey rice noodles, and fresh and crisp broccoli all come together to create a heavenly dish that is hard to resist.
This delicious recipe was provided compliments of world famous Chef Chai of Chai’s Island Bistro, Dining Out with Chai & Singha Thai Restaurant.
Beef Broccoli Chow Fun
- 1 lb. broccoli
- 1 lb. beef cut into bite sizes
- 6 c. of chow fun noodles
- 4 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. Chinese Black Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp. chopped onion
- 4 c. Chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. Chinese Style Fermented Soy
- Beans (black bean sauce)
- 2 tbsp. Oyster sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. corn starch with water
- In a nonstick pan, sauté Chow Fun noodles with one tablespoon of vegetable oil in a medium heat for a minute then add Chinese Black Soy sauce, salt and pepper and cook for another minute , set side. (if you use Chow Fun that’s stored in the refrigerator you might need to add some water to soften the noodles)
- In a hot pan with high heat, add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil and beef and cook for a minute or until the meat is medium rare.
- Add chopped garlic and onion cook for another minute.(make sure not to burn the garlic, if the garlic turn’s brown too quick, due to the heat temperature add chicken stock right away, this will stop the garlic from burning)
- Add Broccoli, chicken stock, Chinese Style Fermented Soy Beans and oyster sauce, bring to a boil and simmer for a minute or until the broccoli is cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cornstarch to thicken the sauce and serve on top of a bed of Chow Fun noodles.