Ever since a Chef friend of mine told me about how he uses the stems and root parts of cilantro for his stocks, I’ve made this regularly. I use it in soups, for saimin broth and even to cook jasmine rice.
Thai-Style Soup Broth
- 8 c. water
- 2 lb. chicken, pork or beef bones
- 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, crushed
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, stems and root section
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- In a large saucepot over medium high heat; bring all ingredients to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 30 minutes.
How To Serve:
- Strain broth.
- Use for soups, saimin broth, sometimes it hits the spot just as is.
- Also good used to cook jasmine rice.
- Makes 2 quarts.