Change up your next picnic menu and your guests will love it! This Vietnamese cabbage slaw contains all the classic flavors of Thai and Vietnamese cuisine.
Vietnamese Cabbage Slaw
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 c. white vinegar
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 medium head won bok, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, grated
- 3 TB fresh mint leaves
- 2 TB fresh cilantro leaves
- chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 Thai bird Chile, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 TB rice wine vinegar
- 3 TB fresh lime juice
- 3 TB patis (fish sauce)
- 2 TB vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. sugar
- pinch each salt, white pepper
- In small bowl; marinate onion in vinegar 15 minutes, drain.
- In a mixing bowl; whisk together dressing ingredients; set aside.
How To Serve:
- For service: Toss onion with remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with peanuts.
- Serves 4.