Tofu soup with ground pork. This is an adaption of my brother in law’s favorite soup. A favorite in his household. All the comforting flavors of a Thai Noodle Soup.
Wendell’s Tofu Soup
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 1 TB vegetable oil
- 5 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 small head won bok cabbage, 2-inch pieces
- 8 oz. blk. firm tofu, 1-inch cubes
- 1 (1 oz.) pkg. dried bean threads, softened in cold water, cut into 3-inch lengths, drained
- 1 (10 oz.) can straw mushrooms, rinsed, drained
- 2 TB patis (fish sauce)
- 2 TB Aloha shoyu
- 1 tsp. mirin
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- freshly ground white pepper, as needed
- ¼ c. chopped cilantro
- In a saucepan over medium high heat; brown pork in oil.
- Add broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Add cabbage, tofu, noodles, mushroom, patis, soy sauce and mirin.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Add green onion.
- Taste for seasoning.
How To Serve:
- For service: Garnish with cilantro.
- Serves 2-3.