A plan ahead pupu. Our family pot luck favorite. I often times will make this as an entree for our dinner; adding potatoes, carrots and onions to the skillet after pork has browned.
Adobo Pupu Pork
- 2 lbs. Port butt, bite-sized pieces
- 3 tsp. Hawaiian salt (click to order from our store)
- 1/2 c. White Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- In a large mixing bowl, rub pork pieces thoroughly with salt. Let stand for 2 hours.
- Add remaining ingredients; marinate overnight.
- Remove pork; reserve marinade.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown pork on all sides.
- Pour reserved marinade into skillet and simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Serves 6.
How To Serve:
- Serve over a bowl of hot rice !!