I saw a version of this recipe is a magazine many many years ago. I had never made it, but remember cutting it out, because the ingredients were items that I was not too familiar with. And then I went to culinary school.
One of my fondest memories was meeting and working with a Chef from India. I asked a lot of questions, and he was very kind to share his stories and dishes.
A very flavorful dish, make Tandoori Chicken as an appetizer or entree using larger chicken pieces.
Rate This Recipe:
Baked Tandoori Chicken
- 2 lbs. chicken wings, cut at joints or drumettes
- 1/2 c. plain yogurt
- 2 TB fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TB turmeric
- 2 tsp. each paprika, Madras curry powder
- 1 tsp. each cumin, paprika
- 1/2 tsp. each cinnamon, cayenne pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Marinate 1 hour.
- Transfer chicken into a 13×9 inch baking dish; bake in pre heated 350 degree oven 30-40 minutes.
How To Serve:
- Serves 3-4.