I first had this dessert at a 4th of July gathering. It was perfect just for the color which blended in to the color scheme of the day!
Any type of mochi is always a favorite local dessert, but with blueberries added in!
- 1 pound mochiko (16 oz. box)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can evaporated milk (12 oz. can)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 can blueberry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking pan In a mixing bowl; stir sugar in melted butter.
- Add milk, eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir in baking powder and mochiko.
- Gently fold in the blueberry pie filling creating a marbleized look.
- Bake 1 hour.
How To Serve:
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.
- Cut the mochi with a plastic knife or it will stick.