A very festive holiday dessert. This dish is worth the extra effort for the steps of making the layers. Use colors to match whatever occasion you are celebrating!
- 1 (16 oz.) box mochiko (glutinous rice flour)
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 c. water
- 1 (13.5 oz.) can coconut milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Green and red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl; combine mochiko with sugar and baking powder.
- Stir in water, coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- Stirring to combine well.
- Divide mixture equally into 3 portions, using stainless steel bowls for 2 portions.
- Into stainless steel bowls; add 6 drops green coloring into 2nd bowl and 6 drops and red food coloring into 3rd bowl.
- Layer 1st colored mixture.
- Cover with foil; bake 15 minutes.
- Remove foil; top with white mixture.
- Cover and return to oven 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and top with final colored mixture.
- Cover and return to oven to bake additional 30 minutes.
How To Serve:
- Remove foil; cool completely before cutting with a plastic knife.
- Optional to roll in potato starch.
- Serves 12-14.