This Char Siu Spareribs is a traditional recipe for Chinese Roast Pork, but done with spareribs instead. It’s a finger licking good dish. Great for pot lucks.
Char Siu Spareribs
- 4 lbs. country-style spareribs
- 2 -inches fresh ginger, thick slices, crushed
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 stalks green onion, 3-inch pieces
- 1/2 c. each brown sugar, honey, preserved red bean curd
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 -inch fresh ginger, crushed
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. each salt, Chinese 5 spice
- dash red food coloring
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cover ribs with water; add ginger, garlic and onion.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 1 hour, until tender.
- Drain, reserving broth for future use.
- Place ribs in a large roasting pan lined with aluminum foil.. In a mixing bowl; combine marinade ingredients.
- Rub ribs generously with mixture; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Grill over charcoal or bake in preheated 350 degree oven 10-15 minutes; place under broiler 2-3 minutes on each side.
How To Serve:
- Use reserved broth for soups, saimin or just as is.
- Serves 6-8.