Chef Adam Tabura take this local favorite comfort dish and takes it to the next level with braised beef brisket and a rich brown gravy made with demiglace and finally topped with a rich duck egg.
Watch Chef Adam make this ono-licious creation on our new cooking show: Cooking Hawaiian Style on www.OC16.tv
Rate This Recipe:
Chef Adam Tabura’s Braised Beef Brisket Loco Moco
- 1 lb. Beef brisket
- 6 duck eggs
- 1/2 cup beef demiglace
- Beef broth
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- 1 Hawaiian chili pepper chopped
- 1 bowl Cooked rice
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Season brisket with salt and pepper.
- Put beef brisket in small roasting pan with about 1/4 cup water. Cover with foil and bake for 2 hours.
- Remove brisket from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place drippings in small pot and add 1/2 cup demiglace to the drippings.
- Season gravy if necessary season with salt and pepper and add chopped Hawaiian chili pepper to taste.
- In a small pot, boil water and add 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Break egg into a bowl and from the bowl, gently release egg into simmering water. Do not allow the water to boil.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put a portion of rice in plate or bowl, slice a piece of brisket and layer over rice, put poached egg on the top and cover with brown gravy.