CHS welcomes actor Stephen Hill to our kitchen. Stephen is the actor behind the character TC in “Magnum P.I.” filmed on location here in Hawaii. Stephen has always been someone who loved artistic expression. Upon graduating with honors in mass media/broadcasting from Hampton University, Hill’s first job was as a copier salesman in his native New York City.
After witnessing his motherʻs fatal bout with a debilitating form of cancer at the age of 61, Stephen left his career in sales and thrust himself back into his first love of artistic expression. After years of student/indie films, plays, film festival circuits and continued study, he developed a hard-earned reputation for solid work in drama, comedy, voice-over and commercials.
Hill’s television credits include “Law & Order: SVU,” “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia,” “Political Animals,” BLUE BLOODS, on the Network, “Boardwalk Empire,” “Lewis & Clark” and “Luke Cage.” His most recent work includes Steve McQueen’s feature film “Widows,” the play “Manhood” at the National Black Theater, and the Netflix series “Maniac.”
Most of us know Stephenʻs work as TC in “Magnum P.I,., a role that shares a distinguishing trait with his own father who was a Vietnam veteran chopper mechanic. Hill has an eclectic and diverse breadth of interests. He’s a gym enthusiast and loves hip hop, meditation, reading, history, cooking, and collecting gemstones.
On the set of CHS it was all about the cooking when he shared his recipe for North Carolina Style Chili Slaw “Durham Dogs.”
Rate This Recipe:
NC Style Chili Slaw “Durham Dogs” by Magnum PI actor Stephen Hill
- 1 pack Fork in the Road Beef Hotdogs
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- 1 packet chili seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 bag coleslaw
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 white or yellow onion
- brioche hotdog bun
- soil for pot
- Chop the coleslaw very fine.
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar and sugar in a bowl.
- Add coleslaw to to mayonnaise mixture and set aside.
- Chop onion into small pieces.
- Add oil to a pot on burner then add ground beef.
- Cook brown beef breaking it up into small pieces as its cooking.
- Add chili powder, ketchup then add ½ cup water and let simmer.
- Grill hotdogs on burner.
Then build Durham Dog:
- Add mustard to bun (to taste).
- Add hot dog.
- Add raw onion (to taste).
- Add cooked chili on top of onion.
- Add coleslaw on top of chili and press down so it all stays on.