This week we bring a friend into the kitchen that gained notoriety at Hawaii farmers markets and on film production sets, Chef Mike Yamauchi-Yamate.
Known originally for his luau bombs, Chef Mike has expanded his luau bombs to include Portuguese sausage, butter fish, lup cheong, corned beef and onions, crab palusami dips and much more!
Rate This Recipe:
Panipopo by Chef Mike of Luau Bombs
- 24 Hawaiian Rolls
- 16 oz can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 TBSP condensed milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter powder
- 1 TBSP corn starch
- Break apart Hawaiian rolls from each other.
- Put 12 in (2) baking pans with some space between each roll.
- Add Coconut milk, sugar, condensed milk and peanut butter power to pot on stove on high to mix well and making sure everything dissolves evenly. Then add cornstarch and stir until thick.
- Pour heated mixture over pans with rolls.
- Put pans in oven at 350 degrees, uncovered and cook for 15 minutes.