Dawn Ward is owner of Base Management where she leads a team of experienced airport industry leaders in planning, programming and safety. Dawn was born on Oahu and raised on the Big Island in Hilo, graduating from Hilo High.
She remains on Hawaii Island with husband Guy and their 3 children, Chelsea, Joshua and Christina. Although Dawn’s husband is the cook of the house, she does enjoy stirring up some hamburger curry, goodie goodie and pumpkin squares when her husband needs a break.
Rate This Recipe:
Hamburger Curry by Dawn Ward
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1 curry block packet
- 3 small potatoes
- 4 carrots
- 3 cups water
- To taste garlic, salt
- Oil for pan
- Peal and cut potato then carrots and let set in water.
- Cook hamburger adding garlic salt and drain oil when done.
- Drain water from potato and carrots then add to hamburger and stir around for about 5 minutes.
- Add 3 cups water and bring to boil.
- Add curry block (1-pack). Stir good so no more curry chunks.
- Set simmer and stir occasionally for 1-hour.
How To Serve:
- Serve over hot rice.