Friend, colleague and one of our seasons Presenting Sponsors, Wayde Nakasone, the Mortgage Guru at Aloha Mortgage Advisors. Wayde hails from the island of Maui and is a graduate of Maui High.
He lives on Oʻahu now with his wife Erika Buder-Nakasone and has 2 sons, Logan and Treyden. Wayde leads a team of customer centric, solution oriented, committed individuals whose sole aim is to get the job done right.
As a branch of Kamaʻaina Mortgage Group their team has an impeccable reputation of servicing clients until their needs are met, no matter how long that may take. An avid golfer, Wayde has tried to help improve Lanaiʻs game.
Wayde shows off his culinary skills with his version of Grilled Shrimp appetizer, a true favorite Lanaiʻs.
Rate This Recipe:
Grilled Shrimp by Wayde Nakasone
- 3 lbs. shrimp (16-20/lb)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp. garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp. lemon pepper
- 1 Tbsp. parsley finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Remove legs from shrimp but keep shell intact.
- Cut the shrimp along the outer curved edge, being careful not to cut all the way through. Remove vein.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients, pour over shrimp and marinate at least 1 hour in a leak-proof container or plastic bag. I like to marinate overnight.
- Cook on outdoor grill or top broiler shelf for approx. 3min on each side to color.
How To Serve:
- Makes 16-20 appetizer sized servings.