A favorite of my friends and family as I make this often for party favors or simply for treats share. Share with me by a former co-worker friend of mine, the original recipe called for mini chocolate chips and walnuts which I replaced with almonds and cranberries.
Feel free to switch with your favorite ingredients. Very delicate and light in texture.
Cranberry-Almond Tea Cookies
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp. tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. almonds, toasted, finely chopped
- 1 c. dried cranberries, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; lightly grease baking sheets.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat in extract.
- Gradually stir in flour and almonds.
- Add cranberries.
- Using # 18 scoop, place onto prepared baking sheets (place close together, 80 cookies will fit on one baking sheet).
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool 2 minutes.