Brown Rice and Tofu Salad – A delicious and healthy salad full of fresh flavors. Serve with your favorite dressing or simply toss with red wine vinegar.
Brown Rice & Tofu Salad
- 2 c. cooked brown rice and/or wheat berries
- 2 c. romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 c. bean sprouts
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. fried tofu, chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) can favorite (garbanzo, black, pinto, great northern) beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 small carrot, peeled, grated
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 1/4 c. each fresh basil, fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 c. favorite dressing, as neededfreshly cracked black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl; toss together all ingredients.
How To Serve:
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Wrap in tortilla; halve for service. Optional to warm for service.
- Serves 6-8.