A trip to France was my very frist experience dining on mussels. Once home, I adapted the recipe to include some local flavors.
While frozen mussels are all that are available to us here, this is a knock um dead dish!!
- 1 1/2 lbs. mussels, cleaned
- 1 TB olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 5 slices fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 small chili peppers, seeded; thinly sliced
- 1 c. white wine
- 2 TB butter
- 3 stalks green onions, chopped
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, sauté garlic and ginger in oil.
- Add chili peppers, wine and mussels; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until mussels open up.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Discard any unopened mussels.
- Bring sauce back to a boil and whisk in butter.
- Pour sauce over mussels.
- Serves 2.
How To Serve:
- Garnish with sliced green onions.
- Serve with crusty French baguette.