This is a very special dish for Henry Kapono as it was taught to him by the late John Moon so that he could cook it for his future wife!
Henry Kapono’s Moon Over Opaka
- 1 Medium size Opakapaka
- 3 tablespoons Sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons Aloha Aloha shoyu (Soy Sauce)
- 1 small piece Ginger – crushed
- 1 clove Garlic – crushed
- 2 Green onions – chopped
- 4 sprigs Cilantro – chopped
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- De-scale fish, Boil water in large pot. In small pot, heat soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Once water is boiling, Dip fish(head and all) into boiling water for 2-3 minutes. You can tell its ready when the eyes bulge.
- Place fish on plate, top fish with ginger, green onions and garlic.
- Pour heated soy and sesame on fish. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro on fish and wella!!! Moon over Opaka.