Watch as music icon Anuhea makes a dish she loved while working at mama’s fish house on Maui before her big break in music: Beef Poke served in half a papaya.
Anuhea’s Beef Poke Served in a Papaya
- 1 steak, filet mignon or anything good quality
- 1 roma tomato
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 handful cilantro, rough chopped
- 2 limes, squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon Hawaiian salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Johnny's Seasoning or Seasoned Salt
- 2 tablespoons Chili Pepper water
- dash Pepper
- 1 papaya, halved
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Seed papaya and set aside.
- Cut steak into cubes, place in bowl and season with Hawaiian salt and Johnny's seasoning.
- Chop tomatoes, chop onions, and rough chop cilantro and set aside.
- Heat sauté pan with oil until pan is really hot. add onions, and sautee.
- Add beef and seer.
- Add tomatoes and cook briefly. Be sure not to overcook.
- Remove from heat, add cilantro and lime juice and chili pepper water.
- Spoon mixture in to papaya halves and serve.