Super ono, quick and simple meal…full of flavor. You can also add your fovorite vegetables during the last 10 minutes of cooking if you prefer.
Rate This Recipe:
Japanese Style Braised Pork
Super ono, quick and simple meal…full of flavor. You can also add your favorite vegetables during the last 10 minutes of cooking if you prefer.
- 1 1/2 pounds pork
- 3 tablespoons Aloha shoyu
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon miso
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sake
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Cut the meat into bite-sized pieces.
- In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the shoyu, the Worcestershire sauce, the chili-bean sauce, and the honey.
- Marinate the pork in this mixture for 30 minutes.
- Remove excess marinade and discard it.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat, and add vegetable oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the pork. Cook until browned.
- Into the pot, add sake, sugar, miso and 1/4 cup water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, and reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons shoyu and rice wine vinegar, sugar, sesame oil and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes until the remaining liquid thickens.
- Serve over rice!
Calories: 2139kcalCarbohydrates: 59gProtein: 118gFat: 148gSaturated Fat: 54gPolyunsaturated Fat: 15gMonounsaturated Fat: 66gCholesterol: 490mgSodium: 2155mgPotassium: 2126mgFiber: 1gSugar: 51gVitamin A: 55IUVitamin B1: 5mgVitamin B5: 5mgVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 120mgIron: 8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!