Another popular, easy-to-make meal that Congresswoman Colleen Hanabusa makes for her hungry and homesick interns.
Congresswoman Colleen Hanabusa’s Linguine With Clams
- 1/2 lb. linguine cooked
- 1 can chopped clams (separate clams from juice)
- 1 sprig fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2-3 basil leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives sliced
- fresh or canned mushrooms (easier if sliced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons vermouth
- parmesan cheese optional
- Heat pan with oil on medium high heat.
- Saute the onions for 1-2 minutes until translucent.
- Add salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
- Add mushrooms and clams.
- Deglaze the pan w/ vermouth.
- Add olives and put the clam juice and parsley.
- Adjust salt and pepper if necessary and add butter and a little olive oil for richness.
- Serve with parsley on top and add parmesan cheese if you wish.