Kimo Falconer is a fifth generation Lahaina resident and descendant of George Freeland, who built the famed Pioneer Hotel and Amabel Kahuhu. Kimo was raised working on a California ranch during the school year and fishing with his grandfather in Hawaii during the summer.
He moved to Hawaii in 1979 after graduating from Cal Poly State University, San Luis Obispo with a degree in agriculture. For 20 years, Kimo managed agricultural research and production for Pioneer Mill Company on Maui. Today, he is keeping Maui’s agricultural legacy alive under the MauiGrown Coffee brand.
MauiGrown Coffee is the largest individually operated coffee grower in the U.S. and the original and only major producer of 100% MAUI Origin Coffee in the world. We are excited to welcome Kimo into our kitchen where he shares stories of his Lahaina family.
Rate This Recipe:
Ahi Limu Kohu Poke by Kimo Falconer
- 1 Lb. Fresh ahi cut into 1" cubes
- To taste Hawaiian Salt
- 1 tsp. Inamona
- 1/2 small Maui onion chopped
- 1 stalk Green onion (chive) leaves sliced small
- 1/4 cup Limu Kohu
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame oil
- 3 Local cherry tomatoes cut in quarters
- Add ahi in a bowl add sesame oil mix by hand.
- Add maui onion, add green onion leaves, limu, tomato, inamona, and hand mix.
- Add salt last to taste.