Kimo Falconer is a fifth generation Lahaina resident and descendant of George Freeland, who built the famed Pioneer Hotel and Amabel Kahuhu. Kimo was raised working on a California ranch during the school year and fishing with his grandfather in Hawaii during the summer.
He moved to Hawaii in 1979 after graduating from Cal Poly State University, San Luis Obispo with a degree in agriculture. For 20 years, Kimo managed agricultural research and production for Pioneer Mill Company on Maui. Today, he is keeping Maui’s agricultural legacy alive under the MauiGrown Coffee brand.
MauiGrown Coffee is the largest individually operated coffee grower in the U.S. and the original and only major producer of 100% MAUI Origin Coffee in the world. We are excited to welcome Kimo into our kitchen where he shares stories of his Lahaina family.
Rate This Recipe:
Vegan Hearts of Palm Ceviche by Kimo Falconer
- 1 can Hearts of palm sliced into small rounds
- 1 small Sweet white or vidalia onion, quartered and sliced
- 2 small Sweet red bell or pimento peppers diced (1/4 inch)
- 1 small Serrano pepper seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup Fresh cilantro chopped & minced
- 1 cup Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Kosher salt
- To taste Pepper
- Combine all ingredients except lemon juice, salt and pepper into a bowl.
- Add in juice & add in salt slowly while tossing.
- Refrigerate for half hour.
- Season with pepper and serve immediately.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips or the like.