There are so many different versions of Fried Rice, a normal weekend dish to use up any leftover cooked rice from the week. We always have kim chee in our household and it is a great addition to spice up any fried rice recipe.
Several local restaurants have become destination stops for their versions of this fried rice.
Rate This Recipe:
Kim Chee Fried Rice
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 3 strips bacon, thinly sliced
- vegetable oil, as needed
- 4 c. left over brown and/or white rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks green onion, chopped, white parts and green parts separated
- 2 TB oyster sauce
- 1 TB Aloha shoyu
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. kim chee, coarsely chopped
- In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat; scramble eggs in oil.
- Remove and set aside.
- Into skillet; sauté bacon until cooked through and slightly crispy.
- Add onions and white parts of green onion.
- Sauté until limp.
- Add rice and mix for 2-3 minutes.
- Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame seed oil, pepper, kim chee and eggs.
- Toss to heat through.
How To Serve:
- For service: Garnish with chopped green onion.
- Serves 2.