A local spin on a traditional appetizer dish. Crispy wings, tossed in a sweet, tangy and spicy sauce. Sure to become your favorite.
- 3 lbs. chicken wings and drumettes, dried
- salt and freshly ground pepper, as needed
- oil for frying
- 1/2 c. honey
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- 1/2 c. favorite hot sauce
- 2 tsp. sriracha
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- In a large skillet or fryer; heat oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine honey, butter, hot sauce, Sriracha, cayenne pepper and garlic powder; whisk to combine.
- Set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Deep fry wings until golden brown and cooked through.
- Drain on paper towels.
How To Serve:
- For service: Toss wings in sauce.
- Serves 6-8.
- Frank’s Red Hot is a popular sauce to use.