Hanamaulu Café is a charmingly quaint Japanese restaurant located on the beautiful island of Kauai. Very well known for their famous Fried Chicken, I think their shrimp also deserves some mention. Sweet and savory, crunchy goodness.
- 2 lbs. shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 4 TB brown sugar
- 3 TB Aloha shoyu
- 3 TB oyster sauce
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. sesame seed oil
- 1 inch ginger, peeled, grated
- Oil for frying
- 1 1/2 c. cornstarch, as needed
- In a ziplock bag; combine all ingredients.
- Marinate shrimp 3 hours or overnight.
- In a large skillet or fryer; warm oil.
- Dredge shrimp in cornstarch and deep fry until golden and cooked through.
How To Serve:
- Serves 4-6.