This delicious Mahi Mahi with Pineapple Mango Chutney recipe was provided compliments of world famous Chef Chai of Chai’s Island Bistro, Dining Out with Chai & Singha Thai Restaurant.
Mahi Mahi w/Pineapple Mango Chutney
- 3 oz. Maui Onions,small diced
- 6 oz. Mango, medium diced
- 6 oz. Pineapple, medium diced
- 1 tbsp. Ginger, minced
- 2 oz. Olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Gr. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Jalepeno, minced (no seeds)
- 10 oz. Mahi Mahi, Fresh filet
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 oz. Olive Oil
- In a hot saute pan, add olive oil until it starts to smoke.
- Add Onions, jalepeno,and minced ginger into the hot saute pan until onion becomes translucent.
- Add cider vinegar, sugar, and cumin to the onion mixture. Reduce vinegar to 1/3 volume.
- Add diced mango and pineapple to the mixture. Saute to blend flavors together.
- Add salt to taste.
- Season Mahi Mahi with salt & pepper.
- Add olive oil in a hot saute pan.
- Sear the Mahi on both sides. Finish in a 350 degree oven about 6-8 minutes.
- Plate the Mahi and top with 3-4 oz. of Pineapple Mango Chutney. Garnish with micro greens.