Chef Lee Anne Wong is no stranger to the camera and the kitchen. You might recognize her from Bravo’s Top Chef and as the owner of Koko Head cafe in Kaimuku.
Rate This Recipe:
Chef Lee Anne Wong’s Koloa Mac Rum Pie
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow macadamia rum pie recipe from Chef Lee Anne Wong. Classic Macadamia nut Pie enhanced with a generous splash of rum.
- Microwave Oven
- 2 tablespoons Koloa Dark Rum
- 1 cup whole Macadamia Nuts
- 3/4 cup chopped Macadamia Nuts
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 9-inch pie shell pre-baked
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make this Koloa macadamia rum pie recipe, put chopped nuts into the bottom of the pre-baked pie shell and set aside.
- Combine melted butter, granulated sugar, the dark brown sugar, light corn syrup, eggs, vanilla extract and rum.
- Pour mixture on top of chopped macadamia nuts.
- Place a decorative row of whole macadamia nuts on the top.
- Bake about 50–60 minutes on the center rack of the oven or until cooked through.
- The pie will spring back on top but still jiggle a little until it cools.
- If the top is getting too dark before the center is done, tent with aluminum foil.
- Cool for a minimum of three hours.
- The pie is best made the day before.
Pre-bake the pie shell according to package directions at least two hours beforehand to allow time to cool.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!