We were very excited to kick off season 14 of Cooking Hawaiian Style with the multi-talented singer songwriter Kuana Torres. We had Kuana in our kitchen 7 seasons ago and thought it was about time to bring him back. His mana’o on Hawaiian culture and cuisine makes for an extra special episode.
In addition to singing, Kuana spends much of his time online these days conducting hula work shops and lei making classes, this pandemic has not slowed him down one bit. Kuanaʻs Chicken Lūʻau recipe is definitely worth a try.
Rate This Recipe:
Chicken Luau by Kuana Torres
- Pressure Cooker
- 2 Bags Taro Leaf
- 3 Cups Profood Frozen Coconut Milk or
- Chaokoh Brand (Fresh is always better)
- 1/2 Tray Boneless, Skinless Chicken or Chicken Breast
- Boil leaf down until soft (4 to 5 hrs).
- Remove from pot and into strainer. Drain well.
- In a separate pot, boil chicken for 30 to 35 minutes or until soft.
- Remove from pot, cool, shred and set aside.
- Heat stove to medium/low setting and add lūʻau leaf back into pot.
- Stir in coconut milk.
- Keep a constant stir so that burning does not occur (20 minutes).
- Add shredded chicken and stir (5 minutes).
- Turn stove off.
- Add salt to taste. Finished