We welcomed Ezekiel “Zeke” Lau into our kitchen to share a little about the foods he eats to keep him at the top of his game, and boy is he at the top of his game!
Zeke is a proud native Hawaiian surfer who honed his wave-riding craft in the waters off Honolulu. He exudes the spirit of ancient surfing royalty. When Zeke decided early on that surfing was his thing, his dad instilled in him the work ethic and discipline he needed to succeed.
While the pandemic was ranging throughout the world, Zeke joined the cast of The Ultimate Surfer where he won the top prize while surfing the wave that Kelly built at the Surf Ranch in California. Here is one of his favorite recipes while on the road.
Rate This Recipe:
Roasted Chicken & Veggies by professional surfer Zeke Lau
- 6 Bone in Chicken Thighs
- 4 small yukon gold potatoes cut in 2 inch pieces
- 1 large onion chopped in 2 inch pieces
- 2 Carrots chopped in 2 inch pieces
- 2 stalks Celery chopped in 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- 7 Tbsp Olive oil
- To taste Salt
- To taste pepper
- To cover pan cooking spray
- Pre-Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine potatoes, onion, carrots, celery, 3 Tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper and toss to cover evenly.
- Transfer to a 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
- In another bowl add chicken, 4 Tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper, mix well, then add bread crumbs and mix.
- Add chicken on top of vegetables in baking pan.
- Roast until chicken is at 170-175 degrees about 35-40 minutes.
- Remove chicken and continue to roast vegetables for another 10 minutes.
- Stir vegetables when done and plate on top of chicken.