You might recognize Dixie Rose from the KIA commercial or in her role in Hawaii 5-0. She is the owner of Oopsy Daze, a clothing line for kids. On the set of Cooking Hawaiian Style, she makes healthier dishes including her brown rice risotto recipe.
Rate This Recipe:
Dixie Rose Brown Rice Risotto
- 3 cups organic brown rice
- 4 Asparagus chopped
- 1 chicken breast cut into 1” pieces
- 1 cup parmesan grated
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 5 mushrooms sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoons lemon zest
- Stir fry chicken, asparagus, garlic, and mushrooms and set aside.
- Wash brown rice and saute in a pan with olive oil over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and you can smell the aroma.
- Add chicken stock, 1 cup at a time and stir continuously on medium heat until liquid dissolves and repeat for about 40 minutes.
- After 30-35 minutes, add the stir fried chicken and veggies back to the pan and gently fold into rice.
- Add parmesan cheese, cream and top it off with lemon zest.