Maile Symmonds of Maile’s Bistro shows us how to make her famous fresh lemongrass clams with Portuguese sausage! You can watch Maile make this amazing dish on Cooking Hawaiian Style!
Rate This Recipe:
Maile Symmond’s Lemongrass Clams w/Portuguese Sausage
Maile Symmonds of Maile's Bistro shows us how to make her famous fresh lemongrass clams with Portuguese sausage! You can watch Maile make this amazing dish on Cooking Hawaiian Style!
- 12 oz. fresh clams rinsed and scrubbed
- 1/2 Portuguese sausage cut in small pieces
- 1 T cooking oil
- 1 T garlic minced
- 1 T ginger peeled and sliced thin
- 2 shallots minced
- 1 stalk lemongrass cut & bruised
- 1/2 ck stock
- 1/4 teaspoon fish sauce or to taste
- 2 T lime juice
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 bird's eye chili lightly pounded
- 1/2 bunch Chinese parsley
- Heat up a wok with the oil. When the oil is heated, add the lemongrass, ginger, garlic, shallots, Portuguese sausage and do a few quick stirs.
- Add the clams and stir to coat with oil and ingredients. Follow by the chicken stock.
- Add the kaffir lime leaves, fish sauce and lime juice and cover the wok.
- Cook the clams for about 2-3 minutes or until all clams are open.
- Stir to blend well, dish out and serve immediately.
- Garnish with Chinese parsley.
Calories: 554kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 55gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 2244mgPotassium: 988mgFiber: 4gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 4298IUVitamin B1: 1mgVitamin B5: 1mgVitamin C: 183mgCalcium: 234mgIron: 10mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!