Kelly Boy & Leolani Delima of Kapena joined us on the island of Lanai for a special episode of Cooking Hawaiian Style making this Tongan dish call lu pulu to pay tribute to his Tongan brothers. Lu pulu is made with taro or luau leaves, beef brisket and coconut milk. This is one of my new favorite comfort dishes.
Rate This Recipe:
Kelly Boy & Leolani DeLima’s Lu Pulu
- 4 lbs. fresh beef brisket or corned beef brisket
- 1 large sweet onion
- 2 bags luau leaf
- 2 – 12 ounce coconut milk
- 3 ti leaves
- In a slow cooker place the 3 ti leaves to cover the bottom and sides of slow cooker.
- Dice the large sweet onion and place in the slow cooker.
- Then, place fresh corned beef, cleaned luau leaves and coconut milk.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 5 hours or low for 10 hours.