A very popular snack recipe here. This Caramel Macadamia Nut Popcorn is our version of Poppycock that you can find on all the store shelves. Sweet, crunchy and rich, you won’t be able to stop snacking on this.
CARAMEL MACADAMIA NUT POPCORN
- 10 c. popcorn, popped
- 2 c. macadamia nuts, roasted, unsalted
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2/3 c. Karo light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. margarine
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Line a large roasting pan with waxed paper.
- Place popcorn and nuts in prepared pan.
- In a saucepan; bring sugar, brown sugar, syrup and salt to a rapid boil; stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Boil until mixture reaches 300 degrees (hard-crack stage).
- Remove from heat; stir in margarine, baking soda and vanilla extract.
- Drizzle over popcorn; stirring until evenly coated.
How To Serve:
- Cool before break into desired sized pieces.
- Makes 12 cups.