My girlfriend Joey shared this Mean Jun recipe with me. Usually a dish that you would only get at your favorite Korean restaurant. A plan ahead dish as it needs to marinate overnight. It has become a pot luck favorite dish.
- 1 lb. flank steak, sliced thinly
- 1/2 c. flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- canola oil for frying
- 1/4 c. sesame seed oil
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/4 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2/3 c. Aloha shoyu
- 3 TB sugar
- 3 TB mirin sake
- 3 TB sesame seeds, toasted
- 5 stalks green onion, chopped
- pinch garlic salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 c. Aloha shoyu, rice wine vinegar, sugar
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- 6 TB sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 TB koo choo jang sauce
- In a mixing bowl; combine marinade ingredients, mixing until sugar dissolves.
- Marinate beef overnight.
- Remove beef from marinade.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of marinade into a mixing bowl, stir in eggs.
- Dredge beef in flour, then egg mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, fry meat slices on both sides.
- In a mixing bowl; combine sauce ingredients well. Serve as dipping sauce for beef.
How To Serve:
- Serves 4.