A favorite dessert and snack item often times used for party favors. A favorite for Girl’s Day and Boy’s Day. This microwave version has become so popular, you can now easily find the microwaveable ring molds in cooking stores.
- 1 can (12 oz.) coconut milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/4 c. water
- 1 box (16 oz.) mochiko (Japanese sweet rice flour)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 1/4 c. sugar
- food coloring
- katakuriko (potato starch), or kinako (roasted soy bean flour) as needed
- In a mixing bowl, combine milk, vanilla and water.
- Stir in mochiko, baking powder and sugar.
- Add the food coloring of your choice.
- Pour mixture into microwaveable pan; sprayed with non-stick cooking spray (ring pan works the best).
- Microwave for 10 minutes.
How To Serve:
- Serves 12-14.
- If making two colors, divide mixture in half before adding coloring.
- Microwave first layer for 6 1/2 minutes; pour your second layer and continue to microwave for 6 more minutes.
- Dust with katakuriko or kinako.