Baked mochi is a staple here in the islands. Some with Filipino roots, some with Japanese roots, always a little bit different. Always the first dessert ….gone …. It was at a fundraiser bake sale that I first tried this recipe and had to ask for the recipe.
I had never had it with a chocolate flavor before. The cook already had it written down on recipe cards for the asking.
- 2 c. mochiko (Japanese sweet rice flour)
- 1 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 TB baking soda
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 can (12 oz.) coconut milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 TB cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; lightly grease a 13×9-inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Gently stir in wet ingredients; mixing well.
- Pour into prepared pan; bake for 70 minutes.
How To Serve:
- Serves 12.