Mochi crunch or Arare cookies – We just had to kick up the original recipe adding chocolate chips and cereal!
Mochi Crunch Cookies II
- 1 1/2 c. butter
- 1 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 TB Aloha shoyu
- 1 c. chocolate chips (optional)
- 3 c. all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 3/4 c. Rice Krispies
- 1 1/2 c. Tomoe Brand mochi crunch (rice crackers), crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; lightly grease baking sheets.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla, egg and soy sauce; blending well.
- Stir in optional chips, flour and baking soda.
- Add cereal and mochi crunch.
- Roll into 1-inch balls, place 2 inches apart on prepared sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until brown.
How To Serve:
- Makes 5-6 dozen