A traditional beverage made famous by the Kentucky Derby. A very popular drink here, similar to a rum mojito. A local bar here serves this up with the addition of a pinch of grated fresh ginger
- 6 large fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp. sugar
- crushed ice
- 1 1/2 jiggers bourbon
- pinch ginger, peeled, grated (optional)
- In tall beverage glass, muddle mint and sugar (use the end of a wooden spoon).
- Fill with crushed ice; top with bourbon.
- Garnish with additional mint leaf.
How To Serve:
- Serves 1.