This Miso Pork is a very popular dish, for its simplicity, but bold flavours. Great dish for busy cooks, everything goes in one pot and in the oven. Great served just as is, or serve with Chinese steamed buns, or with lettuce cups.
Feel free to leave roast whole or to cut your cooking time down, cut into smaller pieces.
- 3 1/2 lbs. pork butt
- 3/4 c. miso paste
- 3/4 c. Aloha shoyu
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1 inch fresh ginger, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Place pork in a Dutch Oven with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for 3 hours or until done.
- Spoon sauce over pork occasionally.
- For service: slice and drizzle with any remaining sauce.
- Optional to cut pork butt into 2-3 inch cubes.
- Prepare as directed, cook 1 ½ hours.
How To Serve:
- Great served just as is, or serve with Chinese steamed buns, or with lettuce cups.
- Serves 6.