This delicious recipe was provided compliments of world famous Chef Chai of Chai’s Island Bistro, Dining Out with Chai & Singha Thai Restaurant.
Pancetta w/Pineapple Glazed Onaga
- Four 8 oz Onaga filets (Red Snapper)
- 2 c. Riscotto
- (Arborio Rice)
- 1 tbsp diced white onion
- 1 tbsp diced leeks (white only)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- zest of one lemon
- 3-4 c. chicken stock
- 1 c. fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 c. cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese (shredded)
- In a pan, add oil and sauté Pancetta until lightly browned.
- Add garlic and shallots and cook until lightly golden.
- Add pineapple, vinegar, sugar, ketchup and sweet chili
- Bring everything to simmer and let reduce until consistency is like a thin syrup (add chicken stock if needed to fully cook pineapple).
- While sauce is reducing, season and pan sear the Onaga skin side down until crispy, then flip and finish.
- In a sauté pan, add olive oil and sauté onion and leeks until translucent.
- Add garlic, shallots and risotto and sauté until risotto is coated.
- Add stock to cover risotto and simmer, stir often so bottom doesn’t burn, keep adding stock slowly until risotto is al-dente.
- Add cream, butter and cheese.
- Toss spinach with risotto and season.
How To Serve:
- Place risotto in center of plate
- Set fish on top and glaze the fish.
- Drizzle sauce around and garnish with sliced green onions.