I first tried a similar recipe at a pot luck gathering. There we were, standing around the table, wondering what it was we were enjoying. The original recipe was simply a result of left over green papaya salad that had been marinating for a couple of days. The green papaya in the original recipe though had been granted.
Pickled Green Papaya
- 1 large green papaya, peeled, seeded, shredded
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 inch ginger, peeled, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. chili garlic paste
- 1/2 c. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. sugar
- In a large mixing bowl; toss papaya well with all ingredients.
- Refrigerate overnight.
How To Serve:
- Serves 10-12.