This is a great recipe to have on hand in your refrigerator. Good for marinating meats, use as a dipping sauce; seasoning for fried rice or fried noodles. Feel free to add the sugar before using, dependent on your use.
Korean Kal Bi Sauce
- 1 C. Aloha shoyu
- 1 1/2 C. sugar
- 3/4 C. vegetable oil
- 1/4 C. green onion, chopped
- 4 TB sesame seeds, toasted, crushed
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 inches ginger, peeled, grated
- 2 Hawaiian chili pepper, crushed
- 1 tsp. salt
- In a mixing bowl; combine all ingredients.
- Makes 2 cups.
How To Server:
- Good for 5 pounds of kal bi short ribs, chicken thighs, pork steaks or pork country style ribs.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to use.