I love pumpkin and have a friend that was very generous with his home grown pumpkins one year. This dish remains one I use over and over again when the kabocha are in season.
Pork and Pumpkin
- 1 lb. boneless pork, thin strips
- 2 TB dry sherry, divided
- 1/3 c. Aloha shoyu, divided
- 3 TB vegetable oil
- 1 lb. pumpkin, 2-inch cubes
- 1 1/4 c. chicken stock
- 2 tsp. sugar
- In a mixing bowl, combine pork, 1 tablespoon of sherry and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce; mixing well.
- In a wok over high heat, stir fry pork in oil until browned.
- Add pumpkin, stock, remaining sherry and soy sauce; stirring to coat.
- Add sugar, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 15-20 minutes; until pumpkin is tender.
How To Serve:
- Serves 4.