An island favorite usually found on every breakfast table. Make this Portuguese Sausage recipe in big batches and always have it readily available. Wonderful “welcome to the neighborhood” housewarming gift.
Rate This Recipe:
An island favorite usually found on every breakfast table. Make this Portuguese Sausage recipe in big batches and always have it readily available. Wonderful "welcome to the neighborhood" housewarming gift.
- 2 lb. ground pork
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 TB white vinegar
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Hawaiian red peppers, minced
- 1 tsp. Hawaiian salt (Click To Order)
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 2 drops liquid smoke
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients with your hands; mixing well.
- Cover and refrigerate 48 hours.
- Shape into patties as desired.
- Pan fry until cooked through.
- Freeze remainder; uncooked.
- Makes 2 lbs.
How To Serve:
- Serve along side your breakfast eggs.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Order Hawaii’s Bento Box Cookbook
- Advertisement -
This is a reasonable pork sausage recipe, but pretty far from a Portuguese sausage recipe.
Are from Hawaii?