On a recent visit, my father decided to cook dinner for us. He decided to make one of his favorite soups. I don’t know what its really called, but it is so incredibly delicious!!
It is made with St. Louis style ribs, watercress and eggplant in a very hearty broth seasoned with onions, tomatoes and patis or fish sauce. It doesn’t get any better than that!!
Rate This Recipe:
Pork Rib Soup w/Egg Plant & Watercress
- 3 lbs St. Louis Style spare ribs cut in 1.5" – 2" pieces (have the butcher do this for you)
- Oil to cover bottom of pot
- Water (Enough to cover the meat)
- 4-6 Cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp Hawaiian Salt
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 4 Chinese style Eggplant
- 1 Bunch green beans
- 4 Bunches watercress
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- Brown Ribs in Oil and Garlic.
- Add Enough Water to cover meat.
- Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add Tomatoes and Onion, Continue to cook for 1 hour on Medium Heat until meat is tender.
- Add Egg Plant, Stringbeans & Watercress.
- Add Fish Sauce.