Before thinking that the name of this recipe, “Sterling Silver Short Rib BBQ Beef Stew” has redundancies in it, remind yourself that it has 3 kinds of meat! Two of which are Sterling Silver Premium Meats, the short ribs and the ground beef. The third meat source is bratwurst! Talk about flavor, and add the zesty and sweet profile of BBQ sauce to this already flavorful dish and it may be tasty enough to make us want to start a beef stew contest!
Rate This Recipe:
Sterling Silver BBQ Shortrib Stew
- 1 lb Sterling silver boneless shortrib (chuck flat)
- 0.5 lb Sterling silver ground beef
- 0.5 lb bratwurst – remove casing (any brand)
- 2 C Stewed tomatoes
- 1 T Tomato paste
- 2 T Savory choice beef broth base (found only at y.hata & co.)
- 1 C Red wine (Your choice)
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 6 Baby potatoes (red or white)
- 1 Carrot – medium (chunks or roll cut)
- 1 Celery stalk (chunks)
- 2 Bay leaves (dried)
- 1 C Bbq sauce (any brand)
- 2 C. Water
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- In a medium to large cooking vessel or pot over high heat, brown the short ribs, ground beef and bratwurst until the fats rende and golden brown coloring is achieved.
- To that, deglaze with the water, wine, beef broth, stewed tomatoes, and tomato paste.
- Bring to a rolling boil. Add in bay leaves and BBQ sauce and let boil for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and then add cut carrots, onions, celery and potatoes.
- Keep lid covered to ensure the vegetables get cook with the remaining reduced heat.
- Do not over cook the vegetables, check the potatoes first by poking them with a toothpick or chopstick. It should puncture and remove easily, but not break the potato and crumble it.
- Stir well to ensure homogeneous mixture and to prevent any chance of pot burn.
- Taste for seasoning, if you feel it needs something, by all means add to it. If its a bit strong, add water then thicken it with a cornstarch slurry to get back the thickness consistency.
- Always season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Stew gravy should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Enjoy!
How To Serve:
- Want to go crazy and eat this stew with two other carbs???? Add hot rice and macaroni or potato salad to get your carbo fix on!! Feel free to make it spicy or add more meat if you think it might need more than it already has! Find these ingredients and enjoy this recipe with a glass of Merlot, Pinot Noir, Shiraz or Cabernet Sauvignon.