A great recipe, spicy and moist. A traditional holiday bread, the additional spices give it a unique flavor.
Actually, the bread tastes even better the day after it is baked. Make small loaves for a perfect holiday hostess gift.
- 1 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 c. canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; lightly grease one 8-9-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together sugar and oil.
- Beat in eggs and pumpkin, mix until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices, mixing until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pan; bake 45 minutes.
How To Serve:
- Cool 15 minutes before slicing.
- Makes one loaf.