I first enjoyed this Mochi Mango Bread dessert during a fundraiser bake sale. The gal that donated it made two versions, kindly thinking of those that may be allergic to nuts. Both were yummy. The mochiko adds such a density to the dessert.
Mochi Mango Bread
- 1/2 c. mochiko (glutinous rice flour)
- 1/2 c. Bisquick
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. salad oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 4 c. ripe mango, diced
- 1/2 c. raisins
- 1/2 c. flaked coconut, optional
- 1/2 c. walnuts, chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; lightly grease two 8-inch loaf pans.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine oil and vanilla.
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, mixing well until blended.
- Add mango, raisins, optional coconut and nuts.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into prepared pans.
- Bake 1 hour.
How To Serve:
- Makes 2 loaves.